Healthy Berry Breakfast Muffins
Try these delicious berry breakfast muffins using our Active Manuka Honey, courtesy of Dietitian Rebecca Gawthorne from @nourish_naturally, to perk up your morning routine.
- Prep Time 15
- Cooking Time 20
- Skill Level Intermediate
- Serves 12
1 ½ cups plain rolled oats + 2 Tbs for topping
1 cup muesli of choice
3 Tbs Barnes Naturals Manuka Honey
1 ripe banana
2 eggs or chia eggs (2 Tbs chia seeds mixed with 5 Tbs water)
1 cup mixed berries - fresh or frozen
3/4 cup milk of choice milk (soy was used in the making of this recipe)
1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Place 1 1/2 cups of oats in a blender and blend to make oat flour. Place into a mixing bowl and combine with baking powder.
- Place banana, eggs, honey, milk and vanilla into blender and blend until nicely combined.
- Pour wet ingredients into oat flour and mix until just combined. Stir in muesli and allow to sit for 10 minutes for oats to soak. Fold in berries.
- Spoon into muffin tins and sprinkle with remaining rolled oats.
- Bake for ~20 minutes it until cooked through and golden brown.