Summer is the perfect time to embrace nutrient-rich supergreen salads, and this one features our new Oli-K8 Active Honey with Prebiotics. It makes the green goddess dressing even more nourishing than the original! Here's why we love this recipe:
🥗 Asparagus is low in calories and is an excellent source of essential vitamins and minerals, especially folate and vitamins A, C and K
🥗 Avocados are a rich source of potassium to support healthy blood pressure levels and contain healthy fats for cardiovascular health.
🥗 Hemp Seeds are high in protein, fatty acids and fibre - more goodness for your gut
🥗 Oli-K8 Active Honey with Prebiotics supports your good gut bacteria do their thing!
Prep Time10 mins
· 1/2 tbsp Barnes Naturals Oli-K8 Honey with Prebiotics
· 1 Avocado, skin and seed removed
· 1 tbsp Apple cider vinegar
· 1 tbsp Lemon zest
· 1 Garlic clove, halved
· 1 tbsp Tamari
· 1/3 cup Fresh coriander leaves
· 1/3 cup Fresh continental parsley leaves
· 2 tbsp Water
· 6-8 Asparagus spears, ends trimmed and shaved with a peeler
· 1/2 cup Frozen sugar snap peas, thawed and blanched
· 1 Large Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
· 2 Cups Green leaves of choice (we used mixed lettuce but you can use kale, spinach etc)
· 50-80 g Snow pea sprouts, to serve
· 1 tbsp Hemp seeds, to serve
· 2 Tsp Sunflower seeds, to serve
To make the dressing, combine all the dressing ingredients except the water in a small blender and blend until smooth. Season to taste and then add a little water at a time until you have reached your desired dressing consistency.
In two salad bowls arrange the salad ingredients and then top with the dressing. Add the pea sprouts, sunflower seeds and hemp seeds to serve.