Quinoa and Oat Porridge
We've created our own unique twist, combining some of our favourite ingredients for a beautiful Quinoa & Oat Porridge with Raspberry Chia Jam. Add in a couple of teaspoons of our Active Aussie Manuka Honey for natural sweetness that's also good for you!
- Prep Time 30 mins
- Cooking Time
- Skill Level Easy
- Serves 2
600 ml Coconut milk, halved
1 tsp Ground cinnamon
1/4 Cup Quinoa (we used red quinoa)
1/3 Cup Rolled Oats
1 tbsp Ground LSA
1 tsp Coconut Oil
2 tbsp Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey
1/4 tsp Sea salt flakes
RASPBERRY CHIA JAM
2 cups Fresh or Frozen raspberries
2 tbsp Chia seeds
1 tbsp Lemon juice
1 tbsp Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey
2 tbsp Raspberry Chia Jam
1 tbsp Pepitas
1 Tsp Ground cinnamon
1/4 Cup Pomegranate seeds
2 tbsp Coconut flakes
2 tbsp Cacao nibs
- To make the raspberry chia jam, heat raspberries in a small saucepan over medium-high heat and cook, stirring and pressing on the berries, until the fruit has broken down and started to simmer. Add the chia seeds, lemon juice and honey and stir to combine. Remove from heat and set aside to cool (the jam will thicken a lot as it cools).
- To make the porridge, combine coconut milk and cinnamon in a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Add the quinoa, rolled oats, coconut oil, honey and sea salt and stir well to combine. Bring to the boil then reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 12 minutes stirring regularly until the oats are tender (add a little more coconut milk if necessary).
- Remove from heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. To serve, pour the porridge into two bowls and top with raspberry chia jam, pepitas, cinnamon, pomegranate seeds and cacao nibs
- NOTE: You can make the raspberry chia jam in advance and store it in the refrigerator for up to 1 week, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- NOTE: You can make a larger quantity of the porridge and store left overs in a jar overnight. Add a little warm coconut milk in the morning, then stir and eat your porridge on the go.