Sweet Potato Toast
This naturally gluten free alternative to toast is not only super easy, but a nice upgrade from the regular old toast in the mornings! Thanks to Nutritionist, Jessica Cox @jescoxnutritionist for this glorious recipe.
- Prep Time
- Cooking Time 5 mins
- Skill Level Easy
- Serves 2
· x2 0.5cm slices of orange, white or purple sweet potato cut length ways
· Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
- Sweet Potato Toast Topper #1
· 1 heaped tablespoon tahini
· 1/4 nashi pear, sliced
· 1/2 tsp Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey (MGO550+)
· 1/2 tsp each of cacao nibs & hemp seeds
- Sweet Potato Toast Topper #2
· 1 heaped tablespoon peanut butter
· 2 tbsp blueberries
· 1/2 teaspoon Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey (MGO550+)
· 1/2 tsp of shaved coconut
- Brush the sweet potato slices with extra virgin olive oil. Heat a sandwich press and place the sweet potato slices in the press to cook. Leave for approximately 5 minutes, checking them to ensure they do not burn. The sweet potato toast is done when it is soft through and golden on the outside.
- Remove sweet potato toast from the press and top each piece with the toppings above, finishing each slice off with a drizzle of Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey.