This naturally gluten free alternative to toast is not only super easy, but a nice upgrade from the regular old toast in the mornings! Thanks to Nutritionist, Jessica Cox @jescoxnutritionist for this glorious recipe.
Cooking Time5 mins
· x2 0.5cm slices of orange, white or purple sweet potato cut length ways
· Extra virgin olive oil for brushing
Sweet Potato Toast Topper #1
· 1 heaped tablespoon tahini
· 1/4 nashi pear, sliced
· 1/2 tsp Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey (MGO550+)
· 1/2 tsp each of cacao nibs & hemp seeds
Brush the sweet potato slices with extra virgin olive oil. Heat a sandwich press and place the sweet potato slices in the press to cook. Leave for approximately 5 minutes, checking them to ensure they do not burn. The sweet potato toast is done when it is soft through and golden on the outside.
Remove sweet potato toast from the press and top each piece with the toppings above, finishing each slice off with a drizzle of Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey.