Buckwheat & Manuka Honey Spiced Waffles
Treat yourself this weekend to this delicious breakfast recipe from Nutritionist, Jessica Cox @jescoxnutritionist. Using our Manuka Honey MGO 550+, you'll be supercharging your morning for the day ahead!
- Prep Time 5 mins
- Cooking Time 10 mins
- Skill Level Easy
- Serves 1
Caramelised orange segments:
1 medium sized orange
3 tbsp water
1 tbsp Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey (MGO550+)
½ cinnamon stick
¼ cup buckwheat flour
½ tsp baking powder
2 tbsp shredded coconut
½ peel from the orange
½ tsp ground cloves
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
¼ cup water
2 tablespoons Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey (MGO550+)
To serve (optional):
Crumbed toasted walnuts
Drizzle with Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey (MGO 550+)
- Start with cutting the skin from the orange, including the pith to leave the remaining flesh of the orange itself. Set the skin aside for later for the waffle batter.
- Slice the orange across ways to create slices ½ cm thick.
- Preheat a small shallow fry pan to a low to medium heat. Add the orange slices and the water and Barnes Naturals Active Manuka Honey and gentle stir.
- Turn to a low simmer and leave to bubble away and caramelise for 5 – 7 minutes. The liquid will slowly come to a syrup.
- In the meantime, move on to making the waffles. Place all ingredients for the waffles in a blender and blend till well combined.
- Heat a waffle iron to the manufacturer’s instructions. Oil well. Pour the waffle batter into the waffle iron and close the lid, allowing the waffle to cook.
- When the waffle is ready, remove from the waffle iron and serve hot topped with the caramelised orange segments and crumbled toasted walnuts & ice cream of choice.